Tag Archives: dark rider sejuani

Dark Rider Progress III (or IV? i don’t remember. XD)

17 Aug

Hello again! I’m posting this before work (I am INSANELY tired right now, even after a 45 min nap), but I really wanted to post about my DRS progress!
I feel quite satisfied so far, even though cardboard + gesso + sealer = a helmet as delicate as porcelain.
I started Insanity on Wednesday, and I’ve been horribly tired ever since.
I guess this weekend I might have to crank out my notes and study what we have been doing in class the past two days. 😦
I was falling asleep like crazy.

20120817-181626.jpg
What my leg looked like after a long day of sanding and filling, as I pose over my bed like a albañil.

20120817-181636.jpg
Sand, then fill, sand, then fill, sand then fill…. Sjidjvkfkthis was goddamn eternal. XD

20120817-181650.jpg

20120817-181658.jpg
After the first flat black coat! Finally it’s starting to look a little decent at this stage.
However, I had completetly forgotten the silver edges around the face and the spikes.
So I had to add those once the helmet was already painted.
:c What a dumbass.

20120817-181705.jpg

20120817-181711.jpg

20120817-181718.jpg

20120817-181728.jpg

The current paintjob! I really like how it looks so far. I used silver, turquoise, light blue, and sparkly nail polish to give the helmet a little more of a “fantasy” shine.
It does look a little “Rainbow Fish” in my eyes, but… The effect is damn pretty. XD
Under the light it shines many different colors!

Dark Rider Sejuani Progress

8 Aug

Horribly overdue update! I haven’t had access to a computer lately, but now that I’m back in school I will be spending an awful amount on time here. xD
This is a step-by-step process of my Dark Rider Sejuani from League of Legends, pictured here:


Let’s begin!
This is the base I used for my helmet shape.

Image

I look awful in these pictures, but this is just so you can see the general process of everything.
So, ignore the derpage. :vvvv
Image

Taking on a little more shape…. okay not really. I tore off that piece because it looked too derp.

Image

NOW it looks more like a helmet.

Image

And presto!

Image

After that, I sketched a horn and “attatched” it to the helmet (will possibly carve out of insulation foam, not sure)

Image

One more shot before…

ImageImage

 

… Paper maché time!
Used water and flour only.
The result was kind of grainy, so I used a dry towel to clean it off and will use some Elmer’s glue to pre-seal.

 

 

ImageImage

 

Roman playing Mass Effect while he wears my helmet.
I think he liked it more than I did. :v
SWEET JESUS I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT GAME.
If you haven’t played it, WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING THIS GO PLAY IT NOW

 

 

 

 

Image

Yours truly wearing the helmet.
I’m not completely satisfied and I might end up altering it, but this is what I have so far.

Image

 

Breastplate complete! Created using a real bra and lots of Scotch tape!
This was fun to cast. XDDD But a little tedious considering I had to tape it on and off my body constantly, and the rough tape edges ended up hurting my ribs. :v
Might line the inside with foam or cloth to avoid chafing.
My friend Caro commented that she was scared of foam, but holy mother I AM IN LOVE WITH IT.
It’s fantastic for “body casting”, cheap and easy to use!

Overall Cost:
2 rolls of Scotch tape: $30 pesos

Right now, I am working on the shield and the leg bracers!
Hopefully I will be able to update again soon!
If school does not bombard me with assignments immediately, that is.